Tuesday, February 1

stone news

So... A couple of you know this already. Found out some pretty unsettling news this last weekend and confirmed as fact yesterday. Come April 1, a new bike shop will be opening up in Lyons. A dude from Boulder is opening it up. No one up here really knows anything about it. The building owner the guy is leasing from says he's going to be just bikes - mt, rd, clothing, rentals, the whole 9 yards. Another buddy of mine says he heard it'll be bikes/outdoor/a little of everything. I'll let you know more when I find out. I was pretty bummed to hear the news at first, but now I think I can use it to my advantage - local, low overhead, great service, etc.

Anyway, that move spurred me to get going at a little more aggressive pace. My countermove? Guess who's the newest Schwinn/GT dealer in Colorado? Yep. I made some phone calls and got set up. The outside rep is a guy I know from my Schwinn days. He said he's supposed to set folks up in person, but he said, "no problem, Dave. Whatever you want to do, I'll help you out. The dealer app is on the way and it's already all signed." It's good to have friends in the bike world...

Anyway, I'm ranting, but everything will continue as planned. Full speed ahead. Bring it on mofo, bring it on.

5 comments:

debaser said...

Let me know when you're set up. I know a Dentist looking for an inexpensive road bike.

bdiddy said...

Go Get'em Dave! I think your location across from the Road ride meeting place and the first thing a Thirsty Dirt rider sees when he is leaving Hall Ranch and heading back to Boulder will be important factors in your stop by traffic this summer! Schwinn? I got room for another Stingray!

debaser said...

I made the mistake of shoeing my wife this. Now she wants one."

bdiddy said...

When the wife says she wants a bike that you both can enjoy! Just go with the flow and by a new bike. If you get a tandam we can time trial around you neighborhood the next time we come out!

The little paint accents around the headtube remind me of the '55 schwinn spitfire I have in the shed I believe its the same paint job.

debaser said...

Espcially when it's $600. Granted, no chi chi parts, but hey, it'd go to the bars just fine.