Thursday, September 1

Ride home from the Cave on Labor Day!


kirk, you gonna steer us clear of this one?

I thought I would add a little more to MW's post here. There is a group of us from Lincoln that are going down to ride at Indian Cave on Sunday. Then spend the night there around the campfire. After breakfast Monday morning there will be a group of six(total group number pending)riding back to Lincoln. I have a GPS and the route will be similar to the route that we previously used. The total one way distance last time was right at 100 miles. If anyone is interested in camping or doing the ride back and you want more details drop me an email bdiddy@neb.rr.com

Man I already excited!

MW I think we should ride to the death bridge and check the status it would on add about 2 miles to the total trip.

11 comments:

debaser said...

I think the bdiddy should pack up and head to SD. But he's scared after seeing all my traveling this summer. Knew he couldn't keep up.

mw said...

ouch. don't fret bdiddy. we'll all have a good time. i wish i could get away to SD, but alas we're (all) in for an epic anyways... i'm sure we'll all post pics.

debaser said...

Can't wait. I can say I've had some epic rides this summer, and some suffering (Laramie!), but I can't say I've ridden 170 miles on a mountain bike in one day!

mw said...

i think it would be sweet to do that ponca ride again and see how many we can get to do it next time. maybe an annual event? maybe not. but atleast a few more times...

cvo said...

oh, I'm in for sure next year,

good to see you guys are gonna be at the poker run ride...

see ya there if I don't see ya sooner.

mw said...

diddy and i talked about simply doing the route from last year backwards. that way we maximize the unmaintained roads and solitude that made that ride special. but we should have an option for skipping this sketchy ass "bridge". heck, it could have completely fallen in the crick by now. but, if you remember, the "bridge" was in the middle of a section of incredibly beautiful (only a slight exageration there mountain dwellers!) dirt country roads...

i'm ready already!

bdiddy said...

ya i'm bummed that i won't get to ride the hills with you guys! Maybe next time. In the meantime i'll keep trying to come up with something to lure you back to Lincoln :)

C'mon we have the mill and Platte!

debaser said...

Don't forget food - YiaYia's and that Oso place everyone's always talking about.

We're trying to fit a fall trip in towards the homeland. If not, xmas-ish.

MG said...

i'm lookin' forward to this one... i think i'm gonna' go single again. sounds like we'll have a few singles this year.

hi-yo silver, away!!!
mg

mw said...

i've rammed a tree at caves. ask shithouse and ghast.

cvo said...

the last tree I ramed at caves got the best of me.

damn rock bluff run and my none ability to turn...