Tuesday, March 1


Wow I haven't posted anything it what seems like forever had to work all day Saturday. I was a little bummed when I found out it was going to be in the upper 50's but it was scheduled a month ahead of time. This is a Ruska Model 2468A Gas Deadweight Gauge
We received approval to buy this bad boy last year. We can now calibrate all of the air data test sets that can certify aircraft to be compliant with all of the RVSM requirements(reduced vertical seperation minimum) the newest goverment mandate that allows aircraft to fly between 29,000 feet and 41,000 feet. I think there is better fuel ecomomy at these altitudes? Well anyway I'm the main yahoo that runs this thing. It gets kinda tideous at times I have to apply weights as small as 1 mg. We had to move it this weekend and with a $50,000 price tag uhhh let's just say i was being real careful! I'll try not to talk about my work to much because it' s boring to me and then i understand how much of a nerd i am.

5 comments:

debaser said...

One MG is good enough for me.

I think your job is cool, in a nerdy sort of way. Look at all the cool shit you get to play with!

Chaybo said...

what's even cooler about that picture is looking at the adjustable wrench next to that 50,000 dollar machine.

bdiddy said...

FOCKERS!!!

Unknown said...

You should see how excited I got about the Z-printer at my new workplace. It prints 3-d models out of corn starch and sugar.

bdiddy said...

wolfman i would love to compare techniques! Looks like it could be another Fillmore Friday!

By the way thats some dam funny stuff!