Wednesday, March 9

Mt. St. Helens.

"The ash remained in the air over Montana and was visible for more than 50 miles (80 kilometers), prompting some motorists to stop their cars and watch. Falling ash was reported in towns up to 90 miles north and east of Mount St. Helens." - CNN

Watch out Chad, you're getting ashed on.

I've always been fascinated by St. Helens since we were kids and it blew it's top. Man, I was stoked when last summer I got the invite from Adam Palmer and Scaz to do the hike. They were there a week before it woke up last summer, and had to turn around before the summit due to wet and snowy conditions. Adam forwarded an email tentatively confirming his twelve climbing passes for 05 from the gov't, and it also said that in all likelihood noone would be climbing the volcano this year.

2 comments:

redstone said...

One of my most vivid memories as a kid was flying in a 3 person single engine plane around Mt St Helens about 3 months after it erupted. Even as young as I was, it was hard to comprehend the devastation despite seeing it firsthand. Pretty amazing.

debaser said...

I would have been the happiest 6 year old in the world if I'd have been able to do that. Heck, I'd still like it. A lot.