Sunday, March 20

Goo-ood weekend of riding.

Saw the ladies off yesterday morning, talked to the bdid for a few minutes, and packed up for a ride. I was planning on going pretty big, even broke out the hr monitor, left from boulder and started climbing. Felt pretty good, even thought the crushed limestone trail was soft and I had a headwind, I really felt like i was turnign the pedals pretty well. Anyway, I was heading up 4 mile canyon, and there's this benched in shelf trail that runs for maybe a mile or so above the road, on the southfacing side of the canyon. Things were lookging dry, so I decided to check it out.

As soon as I rode on the dirt for 30 seconds, I was hooked. Conditions went from perfect to snowy and back again a bunch of times. So, I wanted to spend some time there, and what better way to do that than explore a little. I know a little about the area, from other rides, but since it was mined pretty heavily 100 years ago, there are a lot of mine tracks that I'd never poked around on. I found a good one, took some pictures, but I'm not able to upload any pictures right now... so head to the link over at MTBR.

Got out on a social ride with Pablo and Matt Wester (he's the guy who went otb on Crosier last year). Green Mountain and Dinosaur ridge in Golden. Fun stuff, rode a new trail there too.

Finished off the weekend with a 1+ pound t-bone off the grill. Tasted like butter, damn it was good I could have eaten 8 or 9 pounds of it...

That's purty much it. My wife is home tomorrow so it's back to chores and lovin' and such.

6 comments:

Chaybo said...

NICE ganz...your weekend sounded so damb nice i decided to crack open a beer on your behalf !!

later

mw said...

i liked your pics on mtbr. the small mine entrance looks a bit creepy. and i love the narrowgauge rails. that could be 1850's type shit eh? i can never get those dirt tire track pics to come out.

fruita
fruita
fruita!!!

debaser said...

Check this out.

bdiddy said...

Wow that was a whole bunch of cool pictures! Makes me sad that I'm not making the trip. Can't wait wait to see some pics when you guys get back!

Didn't get much riding done this weekend. But i did get a bunch of maintenance done. One good thing about having several bikes is that you can put off doing some of the small things by just taking out another bike. But if you are as at procratinating as i am ya just gotta play catch up sometimes.

debaser said...

I've rode with a few of those guys, an impressive bunch. I don't plan on doing many sick drops while I'm out that way...

And as far as the whole maintenance thing, I'm terrible. A bike will sit with a flat for weeks cause I can just hop on a different bike... and don't even get me started on how dirty my Enduro is or how grimey the cross bike is. Once it warms up for good I'm a lot better about that, but for now, some nastiness.

mw said...

yeah. no hucking off rocks for this rigid mo fo. but...still looks like fun and i cant wait to be there snaking thru the trails.