Monday, May 9

I explored a little on the new local trail we found last week. I encountered a dead end of sorts, but I know people are getting thru. I'll have to dig around to find the route. In any case, what I did find was extra sweet. I'll have to put this one into regular rotation, especially since it's close to home. Here's a couple pics of one section towards the end. Not for the faint of heart. The trail gets really narrow next to a cliff, it's shored up about 10' with big logs.




It's about a 500' drop down to the river. You guys remember the dirt road heading back from Shelley's Cottages? This is looking down on it...

4 comments:

MG said...

HOLY SHIZNIT!! nice find there davey! i can't believe it's that close to shelley's and we never saw it from the cabins. we'll have to head up there at some point during the FTF...

thanks for the pics buddy!
mg

Chaybo said...

did you crawl up onto that boulder to get that second shot ?

you are one explorin' fool !!


nice find

debaser said...

Looks good, can't wait to see it in person.

redstone said...

I've seen this shelf trail/aquaduct trail from Hwy 36 many times and never knew a good way to get up to it. Well, turns out the good way is to drop down onto it from Hall Ranch. It's super duper, but too short. In the first pic, just around that rock a little ways is where the trail ends. I need to find a way to get by it, because the aquaduct goes for another mile or so. It's a nice little addition to have for the local selection