Wednesday, January 11

I would pay to see an Ogre cry!

Hello blogladites. It is time for ol bdiddy to blow the cobwebs off of the keyboard and put up a fresh post! First post of the ' o 6 to be exact. The pic above is from 2004 MT,CO,NE combined mounting biking adventure to Moab. Rick aka "SHREK" the dude front and center here had a purdy ruff '05 story here I met Rick in '03 my second visit to MT. Not more than 5 minutes after meeting this guy he had offered me a beer started flipping me some shit and then proceeded to tell me about the sweet Bitterroot singletrack he was going to show me the next morning. In the first five minutes I met this dude I knew exactly why these guys all pulled together and did something so cool for someone that is at the core of their group. I was bummed to hear your Dad is gone. I instantly thought of the time he came to our rescue. Rick, Chad, and Dan had planed on taking me on a ride called overwhich falls. It was a shuttle we left chad's truck at the bottom and took Rick's to the start point. Good ride 30 minute climb and at least three times that long coming down. Somehow the keys had been left at the trailhead. Rick says no problem gives his pop a call and 10 minutes later there he was glad to be able to help out. I will always remember that ride back down the mountain I think he turned me greener than an Ogre. Super nice guy and I was glad he came to help out that day.

Rick ya got a new bike to ride that's already a sign that this year will be better for you. Keep the good vibe going up there in MT. I look forward to riding with you in '06!

17 comments:

mw said...

its getting to be planning time for the next fruita/moab trip. is that where we are headed this year? end of march???

Chaybo said...

thanks for the good story diddy.


wills...i've got 6-7 free days at the end of march. Prelimanary thoughts have been based around gooseberry mesa.

debaser said...

That's a heck of a haul from your place to Gooseberry.

I'd love to see the group together in the high country - breck or cb or vail or whereever. The deserts all fine and well, but the mountains are where its at. In July or August, of course.

Chaybo said...

12 hours according to the ogre.


allthough i tend to agree with you about the prime choice of terrain, i'm just looking for some spring sunshine to thaw my frozen bones. To the desert i go.

debaser said...

Yep. Desert is good once in the Spring and once in the Fall. Or so. Of course, it's like a damned desert here this winter.

J.R.A. said...

I might be up for some trip this year. Gooseberry sounds fun. But it would be a jaunt for us Lincoln boys. But it could be done possibly

SH

mw said...

damm. gooseberry would be a hike all the way across ut. hmm. i agree with the desert for spring, tho. and i'd love to get to breck frisco this summer with everyone again.

so are we talking the 31st of march into april or the weekend before??

sda said...

fruita!! fruita!! fruita!!

mw said...

that's what i'm talking about. explore rabbit valley from camp each day!!!

can that work for you guys chad???

mw said...

and grand junction has plenty trails for going big if you get bored with the kick ass flowey trails.

redstone said...

Snap some good pics for me! Anyone up for repeating the 10hr deathmarch in August? closer drive...

mw said...

you talking about laramie? i'd like to do it this year again.

mw said...

oh, your probably talking about lyons fat tire fest. i'd also like to make that one this year too.

MG said...

it's my 10th wedding anniversary this year, and i've gotta' save up vacation days. while i'm definitely in for a late-march/early-april trip, i'm not going to be able to do the travel to get to gooseberry mesa... sorry.

hopefully we can get a good group in fruita again though.

mw said...

so who's in this year? i talked to c-dog on the phone and he's down with the fruita area. that would probably get sda, debaser and redstone involved.

i am going to plan on taking some time off around that last weekend in march which would be the 31st of march and a few days in april.

who else?

debaser said...

Oh, I'd be in with enough advanced warning, but I think ol' Redstone will be on full alert baby watch by then.

J.R.A. said...

I could probally do an extended weekend trip about that time. Maybe would have 4 or 5 days available.

Fruita sounds great!

SH