Monday, October 2

fall...


got a nice early morning longee on saturday. didn't have the legs, or the gears to really keep up with the group so mg and i (thanks mg) headed back to town short of the mileage that the group got. i felt sort of shorted by myslef, so i made up for it on sunday by riding to platte and then up to bellevue. mod told me that the bellevue loop trail circumnavigated the air force base and ended up at hayworth park in old town bellevue so i did that. came in just short of 100. even went by the glass church. perfect weather. platte was bitchin too.

9 comments:

debaser said...

Singlespeeds are for losers.

Sounds like a great ride. I've spent some time in Hayworth, oh yes, ask sometime. Now I'm wishing I could find time to head there this weekend.

mw said...

have zg drop you at platte and we'll ride up there this sunday...

debaser said...

Can't swing that, Sunday's heading home day too. I'll likely end up driving there, then turning around and picking up Zana.

When's the start time anyway? Where's the hipcat parking area?

Cornbread said...

Sweet pic buddy. That's a lot of miles in two days....oh wait, you did 200 plus consective this year. Nevermind. :)

mw said...

meet time is 7am. we've been parking at the wild turkey parking area to the right when you enter the park. go past the lodge and then left, closer to the river and away from the horse stables.

redstone said...

What time to you estimate returning to Lincoln? I think 7am is doable on my side.

mw said...

returning to lincoln from platte? ride at 7. have to be off the horse side by 9am. so you could leave as soon as then if you needed...back to lincoln by 10. later if chillin is in order...

debaser said...

I'll ride, then head back to Omaha to get the wife, then swing back through Lincoln for a bit more coffee and some extra chill time before heading back west.

Sunday's going to be a long day, but i can't wait!

redstone said...

That sounds super dope a rope, mw. I'm in for Sunday. I'll have 26", though. Just sold the Inbred and I'm without 29 now. I'm kind of jonesing for that Sultan I spent time on in Moab. I didn't get my name in the hat early enough for it, but I know someone who did...