Wednesday, August 6

Unheathy Attachment

Seems everyone has had a set of tires that aren't happy coming off or going on a paticular rim. Tire levers come and go, and that's why I dug a pair out of my bag - the garage set seem to have gone somewhere I can't find them. As I was working the old tires off the rim, I broke a lever. Bummer.

It wasn't just any tire lever, but one of the pair I've been carrying for a while now. The levers form the top of a plastic box to hold a patch kit. If you've watched me change a tire on the trail, you've seen these. Remember that race in Kearney, at the golf course, with the rainstorm? Way back then? I got these there, and have used them since.

I've used them for 14 years. Done now. Got to get some new ones.



7 comments:

mw said...

i have the pump i won as a door prize at the hot hot hot race in northbend where, when leaving the event, the fireworks truck skidded into the ditch on its side. i'll be sad to see it die when it dies.

mw said...

i remember that kearney race by the way. i think i was dead last. had to keep it in the granny because everything else would chainsuck. there was 6inches of water on most of the trail.

debaser said...

There's a picture somewhere in the basement of you and I cshatting next to the oprn trunk of my caddy from that race. I also remember you asking me if I was ok after I ate mud in front of you out there.

The Northbend Race was a 2 accident day for us... Fifth wheel and old folks at the blinking red light too...

redstone said...

I don't think I want to see a pic of you guys cshatting together...

Anybody still rocking the 1985 white GT bmx grips?

mw said...

i was dozing off on the drive home with daveril in the passenger seat and i remember getting scolded. i remember rosina was there as well.

sda said...

i remember that race.

it sucked.

we drove the ford.

mw said...

i miss the ford from time to time. i miss the honda even more.