Friday, August 18

Jeff Tweedy in Lyons

This weekend is the Folk Festival down at Planet Bluegrass. These are the same guys that put on the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. They have a big ol spread in Lyons and they have some fests here, too. July is Rockygrass, a local hardcore bluegrass show that's 3 days long. Well, it's now August and time for Folks Fest. This weekend is a super solid line up. Headline for Friday is Jeff Tweedy from Wilco and Saturday is the legendary Kris Kristofferson. Sunday is Ani DiFranco.

Jeff Tweedy was great tonight. Here's a pic of me and my new bud, Jeff.


Marley was kind of fussey so Z and I walked down to the show just the 2 of us. We had a great time, singin' and dancin'. I'd like to say the show rocked, but it was all acoustic. You know what I mean, though. Tweedy was on point. Backstage passes = free beer, too, so things were/are good!

5 comments:

debaser said...

ok. fine, that trumps my front row tickets. Super sweet Dave, so, was it a memorable show?

I fell asleep last night @ 8 and slept 11 hours. Ugh. I hate business travel.

bdiddy said...

Zoe got to go thats cool. I have always wanted to see a show at OB!

MG said...

holy shit, that's super cool dave. i bet it had to be a memorable show when you get your picture with jt.

redstone said...

That's my campin hat. Got a headlight mounted on 'er for aiding with my impaired evening vision.

mw said...

i missed the light. nice touch.