stone cold lampin'
we like bikes!
Friday, August 18
Jeff Tweedy in Lyons
This weekend is the Folk Festival down at Planet Bluegrass. These are the same guys that put on the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. They have a big ol spread in Lyons and they have some fests here, too. July is Rockygrass, a local hardcore bluegrass show that's 3 days long. Well, it's now August and time for Folks Fest. This weekend is a super solid line up. Headline for Friday is Jeff Tweedy from Wilco and Saturday is the legendary Kris Kristofferson. Sunday is Ani DiFranco.

Jeff Tweedy was great tonight. Here's a pic of me and my new bud, Jeff.


Marley was kind of fussey so Z and I walked down to the show just the 2 of us. We had a great time, singin' and dancin'. I'd like to say the show rocked, but it was all acoustic. You know what I mean, though. Tweedy was on point. Backstage passes = free beer, too, so things were/are good!
6 Comments:
Blogger debaser said...
ok. fine, that trumps my front row tickets. Super sweet Dave, so, was it a memorable show?

I fell asleep last night @ 8 and slept 11 hours. Ugh. I hate business travel.

Blogger bdiddy said...
Zoe got to go thats cool. I have always wanted to see a show at OB!

Blogger mg said...
holy shit, that's super cool dave. i bet it had to be a memorable show when you get your picture with jt.

Blogger mw said...
what the fuck kinda crocidile dundee hat is that?

Blogger redstone said...
That's my campin hat. Got a headlight mounted on 'er for aiding with my impaired evening vision.

Blogger mw said...
i missed the light. nice touch.